Can you believe it?
Well, our first wedding anniversary is this weekend! Crazy, huh? We aren't sure what we are going to do to celebrate yet...stay tuned!
As I think back on our first year of marriage I am overwhelmed with gratitude to God for putting Josh in my life. I can honestly say I have the world's best husband! I love that man SO much. He is so sweet, so kind, so much fun, such a great provider, and my best friend. Alright, alright enough gooey-ness.
1. Hands down highest of high? Our honeymoon to Sandals St. Lucia. Traveling overseas and spending quality time experiencing a culture and lifestyle we had never experienced before was the bomb.com. Not to mention it was our first alone vacation. See all about it here.
2. Experiencing all the "firsts" together. i.e. getting our first Christmas tree, first married Valentine's Day (oh-la-la), decorating our first home, first dinner guests, first time attending a wedding after we were married (this is a really cool feeling by the way) etc.
3. We were just talking about this next one the other day. Love the fact that once your married the expectation is that you are always together. On the other hand, when you are dating someone, your friends and family get annoyed if you are always together. Then, just like that, you put a ring on your finger, say some vows, and BA-BOOM. It is expected you are always with your significant other. Sort of a cool phenomena.
1. Josh tearing his finger tip off within our first year of marriage while at my grandmother's house and being on drugs for the next two months...he was sorta nuts, sorta in a lot of pain, and it was sorta/kinda/def the lowest of lows from the past year.
2. Josh falling and splitting his knee open while on a weekend getaway with our friends. You can read more about it here. Noticing an kind of trend? It may now make sense to you while some followers have referred to him in comments as the injury king.
3. Figuring out how married life is going to work...where you spend holidays, who does what household chores, etc, etc. Really this wasn't a low...more of a: we figured it out and now have a system that sorta works. On a side note I found out at Christmas this year that it is really strange the first time you sleep with your spouse in the your childhood bedroom in the bed you grew up in...just strange.
Altogether it has been a wonderful year. Marriage is amazing and I am beyond blessed.
Love you babe! Here's to 99 more!
And because I know pictures make a post a lot more fun here's some pictures of the box Josh HANDMADE me for a past 'dating' anniversary gift. I love it and think its appropriate I use it to store old roses he gave me from when we were first dating.