Out with the Old and In with the New Way to Read + Giveaway
- For starters it has enhanced my night time reading experience. The 6” HD Carta E Ink touchscreen has a fully adjustable ComfortLight and the convenience of adjustable fonts, sizes and margins for your pages. This allows me to read easily at night in bed without having to turn a lamp on and interfere with my hubby's sleep.
- It is lighter than a regular book and stores up to 3,000 books. I am currently in the process of reading 3 books so the fact that I can carry one tiny 'tablet' and not have to lug around 3 books and skip back in forth is awesome!
- The battery life supposedly lasts up to 2 months which is great because you do have to plug in to a computer to charge your device. I have been reading it for over a week now everyday and have not had to charge my device yet.
- Here is my mixed feeling: The good-you have instant access to any book at anytime by accessing all books via a WiFi connection. The bad- you do have to pay a typical full price book price. No more yard sales $0.50 finds.
- Kobo has this awesome preview features where you can read a good bit of every book for free. This is awesome because it gives you just enough to know whether the book is actually going to be good or interesting or if its not your style.
- I really like the bookmarking featuring that shows you in % how much of the book you had read and takes you to write where you left off. The device also tracks how much you have read daily, weekly, yearly, etc. in stats which is sort of neat.
- If you ever don't have your reader with you but want to continue reading where you left off you can download the free Kobo app and pick up from your iphone or whatever device you may have with you which is awesome for doctor's offices and unexpected waits.