By Chelsea @ Married Filing Jointly 2:23 PM family, family fun, parenting, toddler, travel, traveling with a toddler, vacations
when we first got to the condo the guys ran out on the porch to get a view of the ocean
"What is this sand stuff guys?"
first time trying a donut from Donut Hole
You Might Also Like
By Chelsea @ Married Filing Jointly 11:02 AM fall, fall activity, family fun
- Visit Ellijay, Georgia for apple picking. If you are from Georgia you probably already know that Ellijay has an awesome apple festival that happens the weekend of October 17th but did you know that you don't have to go on apple festival weekend to enjoy visiting an apple house and all the wonderful things Ellijay has to offer? Some of our best friends live in Ellijay and we already have plans to visit them in a few weeks to visit apple houses, eat in Blue Ridge, and get together for some fall mountain activities. Elljay is close enough that you can make a day trip out of it or go for the weekend. I have also heard really great things about the fall train rides in Blue Ridge if you head up there and want to make it a longer weekend.
- Have a pumpkin carving contest. We do this ever year with a group of friends. Get together, have some drinks, and get to carving. It is a blast and ever year we really step up the competition. Check out our last year's winner below.
- Visit Rock Ranch. This is a great place to go if you have kids. They have all kinds of festivals during the weekends on the fall and tons of great activities for the kiddos. They also have a corn maze and a pumpkin shooter where they shoot pumpkins out of it across the lake. Here is a picture from us at the corn maze at Rock Ranch last year.
- Attend a college football game. If you really want a great experience attend a football game between in the Hedges in Athens, GA (not that I'm partial or anything). There is nothing like Georgia football. Make a day or weekend of it and be sure to pack a tailgate. There is so much to do in Athens. From rafting down the river to tons of amazing restaurants and fun night life to a free zoo for kids there is something for everyone!
- Attend a neighborhood yard sale. Just google your local town and you are sure to find some awesome ones over the next few weeks. If you live on the south side of Atlanta Lake Redwine, a big super nice yard sale near me is having theirs on September 26th. There are also lots of great neighborhoods in Marietta/Smyrna areas that have awesome neighborhood yard sales.
- Attend a local high school football game. Have fun reminiscing about when you were in high school.
- Go camping. There are some great campsites in between Ellijay, GA and Blue Ridge, GA that are totally free! We went this past fall with some friends and had a blast! The sites are on a creek and there is a waterfall that you can hike to. They also have fire pits and tent pads at the campsites. The sites are very secluded so perfect for a romantic get away! Also, there is a drive-in movie theater in Blue Ridge that is a ton of fun and very affordable. You can easily drive there from your campsite.
- Attend the Georgia State Fair in Perry, Georgia. If you haven't been you need to...it is so much fun. They have all kinds of shows, exhibits, fair foods, and concerts. My favorite show is always the hypnotists. These people always amaze me and slightly freak me out, ha.
You Might Also Like
You guys our 14 month old is off the chain. He is so sweet and so fun but totally crazy and acts like he is way older than 14 months old. He has done so many funny things in the last week alone it is mind blowing. My grandmother keeps telling me I need to document these stories because she promises me I will forget them if I don't. Even though I don't want to believe it, I know she is right. Just last night I had the opportunity to bring dinner to a friend of mine that just had a son, you saw his picture if you follow me on instagram, and was blown away thinking that my guy was ever that small. How quickly time passes and memories fade way to quickly.
That being said I couldn't think of a better place to document these stories than on my blog so you can all enjoy and laugh/cheer/groan along with me....so here goes the first of what I am sure will be many installments of "Stories of E."
- Earlier this week I had set the oven to preheat to 500 degrees. My hubby was sick in bed and E was starving so in an effort to distract him while the oven preheated I took him outside to play. I came back inside a few minutes later to put the dish in the oven and the oven was off. Of course I blamed my husband. "Why did you get out of bed and turn the oven off," I asked. O.k. saying it back I realize it doesn't make very much sense. Of course he told me he hadn't and I reset the oven to preheat. Then I went to fold some laundry. You guessed it I come back to find the oven off. This time I decided to stay in the kitchen and clean some dishes so I could monitor. It was the third time I caught him in the act. He walked right over to the oven and pressed the clear/off button. Busted.
- Yesterday my husband got half way to work before he realized he had forgotten his wallet. By the time he realized we had already left the house for work and so he turned around to come get it. An hour a half later he still could not find it anywhere. The problem (besides the fact that he was no very late to work) was that his truck only had 8 miles left to empty and he had no way to pay for gas. I had a very frustrated husband as you can imagine. I call my mom to see if she can meet him to borrow money for gas as he calls his co-worker to make sure he didn't leave it at his office the night before. A few minutes later I get a call back from him. He finally found the wallet. It was stuffed in the cabinet under my sink in the bathroom, the same sink we have a child lock on so it only opens 1/4 inch. Thanks, E. Daddy loves you, too.
- Last night I had put footie pajamas on E to go to bed in and he takes off running on our hardware floors. As he does he realizes that he can slide across the hardwoods so he proceeds to run and slide with his arms in the air yelling, "wheeee," over and over again until he falls. Then he wants to do it again.
- He loves to play tag and peek-a-boo or hide and seek. This morning he was "hiding" behind the blinds in our bedroom and wanted to play peek-a-boo. Every time he would peek out he would pull up on a blind slot so you could just see his eyeballs. It was quite adorable. Wish I could have gotten it on video.
- One of his favorite things to do every morning is to bring Daddy his work shoes. When Daddy says E where are my shoes? He runs around the house looking for them and brings them to him one by one. The shoes are bigger than he is so it is really a funny thing to see. Anytime he does something for you he expects a big hug so we trick him in to 'helping' us so we can get our big hug from E man.
- This morning he grabbed a decorative throw pillow off my bed, my slipper, and a hanger and was walking around the house laying on the pillow, cuddling the slipper, and covering up with the hanger. Then he would pick everything up move it all 2 feet and set it all up again. Here is a picture.
Man I love this child.
You Might Also Like
You Might Also Like
By Chelsea @ Married Filing Jointly 4:42 PM family, favorites, Hodge Podge Tuesday Favorites