Fall Bucket List/Activities in Georgia
- Visit Ellijay, Georgia for apple picking. If you are from Georgia you probably already know that Ellijay has an awesome apple festival that happens the weekend of October 17th but did you know that you don't have to go on apple festival weekend to enjoy visiting an apple house and all the wonderful things Ellijay has to offer? Some of our best friends live in Ellijay and we already have plans to visit them in a few weeks to visit apple houses, eat in Blue Ridge, and get together for some fall mountain activities. Elljay is close enough that you can make a day trip out of it or go for the weekend. I have also heard really great things about the fall train rides in Blue Ridge if you head up there and want to make it a longer weekend.
- Have a pumpkin carving contest. We do this ever year with a group of friends. Get together, have some drinks, and get to carving. It is a blast and ever year we really step up the competition. Check out our last year's winner below.
- Visit Rock Ranch. This is a great place to go if you have kids. They have all kinds of festivals during the weekends on the fall and tons of great activities for the kiddos. They also have a corn maze and a pumpkin shooter where they shoot pumpkins out of it across the lake. Here is a picture from us at the corn maze at Rock Ranch last year.
- Attend a college football game. If you really want a great experience attend a football game between in the Hedges in Athens, GA (not that I'm partial or anything). There is nothing like Georgia football. Make a day or weekend of it and be sure to pack a tailgate. There is so much to do in Athens. From rafting down the river to tons of amazing restaurants and fun night life to a free zoo for kids there is something for everyone!
- Attend a neighborhood yard sale. Just google your local town and you are sure to find some awesome ones over the next few weeks. If you live on the south side of Atlanta Lake Redwine, a big super nice yard sale near me is having theirs on September 26th. There are also lots of great neighborhoods in Marietta/Smyrna areas that have awesome neighborhood yard sales.
- Attend a local high school football game. Have fun reminiscing about when you were in high school.
- Go camping. There are some great campsites in between Ellijay, GA and Blue Ridge, GA that are totally free! We went this past fall with some friends and had a blast! The sites are on a creek and there is a waterfall that you can hike to. They also have fire pits and tent pads at the campsites. The sites are very secluded so perfect for a romantic get away! Also, there is a drive-in movie theater in Blue Ridge that is a ton of fun and very affordable. You can easily drive there from your campsite.
- Attend the Georgia State Fair in Perry, Georgia. If you haven't been you need to...it is so much fun. They have all kinds of shows, exhibits, fair foods, and concerts. My favorite show is always the hypnotists. These people always amaze me and slightly freak me out, ha.